WHAT ARE MICRO INFLUENCERS AND WHY SHOULD YOU BE USING THEM?
Micro influencers are individuals with between 1000 - 15 000 followers on a given social platform. They're approachable and relatable content creators, with a small yet immensely engaged fan base, who hang onto their every word and recommendation with almost cult-like loyalty! Studies show that consumers are increasingly turning to influencers for recommendations about products, services, entertainment and even travel destinations. It’s no longer enough for a brand to push product directly to their consumer, but instead, to have authentic advocacy for their brands through strategic and aligned influencer relationships.
Including micro influencers as part of your brand activation strategy means your brand is reaching consumers not only in a physical space when they're in store, but online too, where they are actively looking for recommendations during the process of making purchasing decisions.
THE BENEFITS OF INFLUENCER MARKETING
- Online marketing is a great way to extend brand awareness
- Authentic advocacy is increasingly important to consumers
- Smaller niche audiences are typically more receptive and engaged
- Using micro influencers is a cost-effective way to reach more people
- Micro influencers can help to humanise your brand
- Online personalities can also inspire brand credibility and loyalty
- Tracking audience insights and results is invaluable
- It's a flexible and exciting way to market your products